Saturday, November 7, 2009

a little sad


and working my ass off to not just bolt the scene of today. to not abandon my feelings, while also not drowning in them. wait, maybe i should let myself drown. metaphorically. just let the feeling consume me. deep breath. getting to wear my end of summer dress another time this year. going to go outside, and plant some garlic in our little garden that's been all dressed up itself with the yummy horse poop. i wonder if that will help a little. some sun. some moist dirt. some potential. as much as i'd love to get through this wave of sadness quickly, i am gonna walk my talk, and just take it in, while staying here, on this warm november day, present with the moment. hello. hello. hello there. this song i can not get enough of these days....david showed me how to play it this morning. singing it is very fun. maybe i will sing it to myself while i go dig. wah wah. that just made me start to cry. yay. the drowning begins.

5 comments:

  1. I'm still reading you, and you are incredible. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From someone you totally don't know, who also knows nothing about the cause of your sadness... I'd suggest going with the sadness for a day. Acknowledge it, explore it, process it. If you're still feeling stuck after a day, pull yourself back out -- a run, a party, seeing friends for lunch. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls for these little commentos. so nice, really.

    antionette, i did stay with it. and it came on hard and strong at one point, and what broke the nastiness of it, was just lying down in a quiet room for 5 minutes, then bolting up to cut bias strips. for an hour. the garlic planting helped for a few minutes, till the kids started fighting. but in the end, it was the quiet, the horizontal savasana, and the bias. linen bias. i'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I understand how you are feeling. I can relate to you. I have been feeling very out of sorts lately...And just when I feel like I am getting control, something happens which throws me right back into self-doubt. It's like a parallel universe. I think it has something to do with my gluten-intolerance so, I've been working on being vigilant about avoiding gluten. Hang in there!

    xo Kyndale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather,
    You are awesome and I hope you a feeling better! Being creative is always my savior!
    Sending lots of love....

    ReplyDelete