
my middle girl loves her stuffed dogs. and last christmas time, i was wondering what to make for her. and it hit me. her dogs needed a house. i was loving gaudi's architecture a lot at that time, and tried to make a little house that felt like his magical creations.
i really wish we had a real dog. i am feeling like we are not quite ready to take on the new responsibility, but i am LONGING for a doggie friend. and i will make it the fluffiest dog pillows to sleep on, and we will love on it and make it feel like it landed in its DREAM home! i am just setting the intention. and praying that we begin to feel readier and readier.
doesn't it seem like a dog might want to be here with us on our walks? tell the man. he says vasectomy first. then dog. uuugh. i just can't go there. but i can go for dog first, and then we'll just see on that other very permanent thing. (meaning no!)



doesn't it seem like a dog might want to be here with us on our walks? tell the man. he says vasectomy first. then dog. uuugh. i just can't go there. but i can go for dog first, and then we'll just see on that other very permanent thing. (meaning no!)

see, i even know how to stop and let the little ones check out whatever it is that catches their eye. i would be a good dog caretaker.

and look at this. it's blurry, but see? our kitty is looking for the dog. she has torn the house apart, looking. where is he? i am wishing one would just show up on our front doorstep and make it so obvious that it's time to have a dog.
I'm just glad you're not still pushing for horses. Just remember: dogs poop. In the yard.
ReplyDeleteHa! Vasectomy first...that sounds SO familiar! Although we do have two dogs....and I'm still not going to give the green light for a snip:)
ReplyDeleteA month after my third was born, my husband got the snip. He's the practical one, the one who knows what's best for us. I was glad to know that our family was complete but I see my friends have the 4th and I so yearn for another. Then the moment passes and I get back to being grateful for a small family that's just barely manageable for me.
ReplyDeleteI would like a dog too but, dog poop and the fact we have 9 chickens and 7 guinea pigs. It's quite the farm around here already!
I hope you are having a beautiful day! xo Kyndale
kate and kyndale~ i LOVE your willingness to share your 'to v or not to v' stories. thanks. you girls are funny. and kyndale, i think it's hilarious that you call a family with 3 kids a small family. we are so in over our heads sometimes. aren't we all though? no matter how many we have. in. over. our. heads. so. add a dog!
ReplyDeletedavid~i DO still want a horse. but i decided it is smart to work up to it. dog, then chickens, then llama, then sheep, the goats, then horse.
The way we did it, was decide that two kids was enough, got the dog and then two months later we were pregnant. And you know what? Four kids (one a fur child) works out just fine!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my last post and suggesting the article about the garbage. But I can't even read it. I'm in my own funk lately and can't take more bad news from around the world. I know you suffer with this sometimes. It is hard to escape.
ReplyDeleteMy husband had a vasectomy after our 2nd. He was an only and didn't want a big family. I too sometimes get the twinge for another baby, but I get rational when my 13 year old yells at me or my 8 year old rolls her eyes at me. If I could just borrow a baby from the age of 6 months to about age 2 then give it back!