Wednesday, November 4, 2009

even the most gentle of horses have shadows


i cannot lose my shadow. it is my partner for life. its beauty shines when it is allowed out of the closet. it's only when it isn't accepted and welcomed that my shadow comes out and acts unacceptably, because it can feel that it isn't being accepted, so it does exactly as it's told, acts out in a horrid way. but look how beautiful shadows are when they are allowed to come out! oh sacred shadow. i am inviting you to come out. come out. you are beautiful and perfect and i've missed you, and i'm sorry for shutting you away. so sorry. i want to play with you now. i am not scared anymore.

5 comments:

  1. very true! beautiful shadow you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, so inspiring those shadows are to me. .....and i put the other pictures back up. i realized what wasn't feeling right about that first post. i had done in it in a sort-of twitchy state and kept associating the whole post with that feeling. i just needed to redo it, in a simpler way, or something. it feels better now. thanks for asking cuz it made me really look at what the heck i did that for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that before where I posted something and it didn't feel right. I have deleted a few posts before. I like what you did with the new one :) It's what I like about blogs...you can re-do a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Heather,
    Nice shadow! and I love the sight of your little lady on that horse! Is that your very own horse? I really hope to have horses.....someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. sara. that horse is lady godiva, and no, she is not 'ours', but she has been my zhi's friend for two years now. we do live on horse property, though. and i hope so much that we will have a horse as a family member someday, too. i love them SO much.

    ReplyDelete