Monday, March 15, 2010

dance monday cheating


i don't want to dance at all today. and that is okay. i feel okay actually, i am just tired. but i like this photo right now. it was on my desktop and feels just right for me right now. at the top of a favorite hike, in the summer, my love and i, shadow dancing. well, he is sitting, but he's with me. it is 8 oclock, because of that weird time change that i do like, and dinner is almost ready. slacker. no, just a tired mama, and life is out of synch, or just in a new and very different kind of synch at the moment. we are home! and we brought the chicken pox with us. i have oatmeal cooking on the stove as i write. mmm, nice to have this little place to come sit for five minutes and dump my brain a tiny bit, while finding some joy at the same time. thank you light and macaroni world for giving me this little 5 minutes of respite. okay.....off to cook some of that frozen gnocchi. yay for that. and for baked rice. it's almost done. i just started baking rice. this is my second time. max is totally awesome. we have a long road ahead of us for his recovery and making his way to a normal gait pattern, well, it will never be normal, but closer to it. i have to push myself back a little so i don't get ahead of where we are right now, today, this hour. i look forward to sitting down with a nice chunk of time and kind-of recording what stands out most in my memory of our last week. i know for sure his beauty stands out in front, with a 10 mile lead.

our dinner is going to be very starchy i am realizing. better get some cheese in there!




10 comments:

  1. I'm just catching up, because for every reason and another I haven't managed more than a fleeting pop by lately. That's not to say that I haven't been wondering how THINGS ARE GOING! Excellent news about Max and his amazingness, thank goodness the tooth wasn't swallowed (apparently you have to write an official letter of explanation to the Fairy Queen and with all the bureaucracy it can cause delay) and what are you thinking bringing home chicken pox? Sheesh. Like you don't have enough on your plate?

    Well done excellent family, for managing the surgery hurdle. Here's to hoping the recovery hurdles become smaller and smaller and the space for calm and rest bigger and bigger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the oatmeal for eating or for a bath to calm pox? Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and so you are a super hero too...super mama! I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tania, yeah, like it was something i chose right!! knowing me , though, i wouldn't be surprised at myself if i did choose something this wacky. and in some ways, having chicken pox now is perfect. a nice reason to stay in our cocoon an extra long time before we break out with some crazy wings in spring. yes, i am amazed max is over the surgery hurdle. wow, it still kind-of blows me away what he's just been through.

    andrea, it was for the bath. it helped i think. she hasn't complained of itching for 14 hours. but we made enough oat goo to make 4 more baths i think when the itch does come back.

    ., i am a super hero too. i am a superhero too. am i ? sometimes i really am. and then when it's time to be hooman (as max says) again, dang it! no, it's just so hard to transition still for me. a skill i hope to improve much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guess you could've gotten the pox at a more peaceful time, but then again whose to choose, right? Good luck with it all. I was exhausted since it had to go through four kiddos, but we made it and we're all the more healthier for it. The girls were the worst though.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the chicken pox when I was a kid. I do remember how itchy it was. But what I remember the most is being able to be out of school for a whole week! This too shall pass Heather, I am sending love your way. My kids are very interested in Max's progress. I hope the sun's coming out for you there. It's been such a beautiful day here. Love, Kyndale

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO sorry about the chicken pox Heather, what a bummer...but glad your back home. Beautiful shadow dance...and you seem like you need to just catch your bretah with everything you and your family have gone thru...there is always tomorrow for a little dance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather,
    It's Pam from Durango (David's friend from high school). I incredibly randomly clicked on your blog from farmama's a few months ago (and was amazed when I thought to myself "those kids look familiar, I wonder if... and sure enough it was you!). I am so glad Max is past his surgery and that y'all are home and hopefully only good things to come. I hope this whole experience will lead to extra strength and miracles for you all in the future. I love your pictures of your beautiful family. And it is fun to see your house, remembering that I have been there visiting a couple years ago.
    Sending good love your way, please share it with your family for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your comment about Stone Soup somewhere. Check our the beautiful version by Jon Muth. I think it's pretty new.
    http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Soup-Jon-J-Muth/dp/043933909X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268857842&sr=1-4

    ReplyDelete
  10. pamela! hi. it's so nice to hear from you. thank you for your love!!!!!!!! we need it! are you ready for the snow tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete