Saturday, September 10, 2011

to be woman

IMG_5162
i go for the nectar

i wait for it if i have to

IMG_5174
i delight in my kids playing happily
i do not delight in them fighting
this was a great play pillow fight
i delighted

IMG_5039
i tend to myself
in my kitchen
IMG_5047
i soften
and move
IMG_5021
i feed
IMG_5028
i turn and jump and see what's behind me
hopefully often, i check my back
i am not trusting
not easily

IMG_5035
i look at you with questioning eyes and weirdly pursed lips
what are you thinking
what are you feeling
what are your motives here
i must check you out
so i can feel safe
so i can feel my kids are safe

i pray to nature
i can't believe i get to live with all this beauty
i see beauty
i do believe it actually
i ingest it
i absorb it
i swim in it
i lather it on
i dream it
IMG_5148
i release
i let go
i am bound to the moon
my waters
my blood
even when i'm no longer in my bleeding days
i will be bound to the moon
as my daughters are
and have been
since they were potent filled eggs inside of me
inside of my mother
inside of her mother

IMG_5229
i polarize to man
when i allow myself to be feminine
in this culture
i actually have to allow my feminine
i have to call her out
and she has to sense that it's safe
in this culture
she has to know she is safe
or she will hide
carefully hide like a cat
while her masculine self comes forward
like a brute
to protect her puss

to be woman
i have to fight
for my safety
i have to fight in every moment
to stay awake
and maybe fight is not a perfect word
maybe it's a blend
of fighting vigilance scanning feeling probing
like an insect
like an animal


very very wild
in a world that wants us tame
but that is impossible
the ocean is not tame
she roars weeps throws and sings

she crashes endlessly into the land
stirring as much up as she can
the crashing is fun
bumpers


IMG_5132
the feminine in me
the feminine in me
the feminine in me

so femme

so so femme

impulses desires
dreaming
crying
loving
reaching
staying

smiling with sisters
and brothers

women

woman

it is odd
to be a woman
and not feel feminine so often
swimming upstream we are
to reclaim our inborn right
to be feminine powers

to be dark and light
and to own it all
like a bloody woman



5 comments:

  1. I feel very feminine in the kitchen. :) I love this post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hummingbird photo makes my heart stop. So beautiful. This post reminds me of a David Deida book I read about 10 yrs ago, and challenged me to think of not man / woman, but feminine / masculine energies. And he asserted that feminine energy is very powerful, like the sun and really nature itself (herself?). Explained or maybe rationalized much of what I had experienced and who I was and who others said I was. Now I'm rambling! Sorry - thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, seriously. i kinda couldn't believe that post. you are so magic and awesome. that is some good poetry-art. as you say:

    love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing.
    You know what? I am and feel very feminine. Always, pretty much. And so many times I feel like people get surprised because of that, or even uncomfortable somewhat. Specially women... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks dudettes. that was hard to not go back and delete afterwards. so exposing. geez.

    ReplyDelete