Tuesday, September 27, 2011

fun

i like this way of doing nails. i plan to make myself and my daughters and maybe even the boys, sit and do this soon.

really cool doll ART:

here.

and here.

hilarious balaclava action here.

ok.

having fun.

this is cute right?

IMG_5731

IMG_5773
right! so so cute.

the shirt, i mean. but she is over the top.

she will wear it at home. her school style, though, will not allow this. cutie.

but at home, she loves it. there is something about that that i like. and something that i don't. and not so much i can do about it. so that is that. home is where the heart is! nah. i mean it is, it's just that home style is sometimes different than worldly style. worldly second grader mountain school style. i love the big sleeves. i cut this from a pattern that asks for the sleeves to be bunched up with elastic at the bottom. i didn't do that, cuz i thought the drama of the big sleeve would be up her alley. it is definitely a selling point.


IMG_5698
i like the tag.

IMG_5663
another bonus feature is the way you can fit a cat inside.


IMG_5657

this one is for tania. my iron's face. i never saw it before, but i just looked down while working on this shirt and the iron was looking back at me. it kind of looks like woody in toy story, max and i think. i will not name my iron woody though. no way. that sounds like a fire waiting to happen. what should i name it?? hmmmmmm.


and to keep with the green theme, here is my friend who sits with me when i sew. i hope to sit with him more soon. i'm craving time with him, now that i had that little afternoon taste.
IMG_5693

8 comments:

  1. Cute blouse!! I would wear that every day around the house if I had one. I haven't heard you talk about red lately. Are you feeling green? ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. those nails are really cool! have you seen the nail marbling??? you MUST check it out. there are a bunch of youtube tutorials out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kyn.....oh no. that sort-of made me nervous, cuz last time i remember being into green, i got the green feeling so bad in my belly and ended up barfing for days. ha. hmmmmmm. yes. red. feeling red too, almost always. i know, though! it is such a cute blouse. i would wear it too. we should make ourselves some....

    court.... yep. so cool. i was thinking about them in the shower this morning. hope we get to that soon. i bet my girls will be way more into marbling than letters....maybe we do every other finger each way. yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that blouse would be pretty easy to make no? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I just came to your blog after reading your comment on Brigits - her Belissimama blog. I started to try and read through your posts, i wanted to read all of them. You write with a rawness not often felt on the internets. Oh, I love your girl's top...and your children have hair like my children (and me and my husband - I always knew i'd marry a man with curly hair don't know why) I hope all is as well as it can be, and good times to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such beautiful kids! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this shirt!@! Where oh where do you find things like that. My little 5-year-old would look so cute in it. Love the blog--Such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to add my name...

    Tara

    ReplyDelete