
on our anniversary, david and i went to the botanic gardens like i said, and it was so cool, cuz on that day there was this rose show. i didn't even know about rose shows. i am so into it. talk about high vibrations! i swear i could feel it. it was very very fun. i am totally turning into an old lady. one of my favorite ideas of fun is now going to a rose show.
i grew that chard. the chard divas are really happy with our garden this year. i love it. i eat it raw a lot.
these peppers are from the csa. one of them is so hot, i cried for ten minutes after the tiniest bite. woah. it was very powerful. cleared me out like good therapy does. and then i called a friend who is a member of the same farm, and she said the same thing happened to her. crying crying crying. such sad peppers. transferring so many tears to people. i am wondering if the earth is making her peppers grow extra hot this year, to get us cleared out more? if we are clearer, we will be more focused on what we need to be focused on. yeah?
i grew that chard. the chard divas are really happy with our garden this year. i love it. i eat it raw a lot.
these peppers are from the csa. one of them is so hot, i cried for ten minutes after the tiniest bite. woah. it was very powerful. cleared me out like good therapy does. and then i called a friend who is a member of the same farm, and she said the same thing happened to her. crying crying crying. such sad peppers. transferring so many tears to people. i am wondering if the earth is making her peppers grow extra hot this year, to get us cleared out more? if we are clearer, we will be more focused on what we need to be focused on. yeah?
and talk about feeling like a failure. i made this pizza. it sucked. i put some pesto on it that was from last year, just out of the freezer. i guess i made it too bitter. nice. whole pizza went to the chickens practically, except for part of half which i put tomato sauce on instead. i told david i just feel like i am being given a message to just stop trying. i am not a natural born cook. i try sometimes. and when crap like that happens, it makes me feel like i'm barking up the wrong tree. just go sew. let your family eat the regular old simple meals that take no effort and involve no creativity. david says, well, i guess that's why you're not the entrepreneur. yeah. totally! at least not in the food business. i could edit my writing, or my quilt, or my garden all day. but making a pizza three times. not my thing.
but the thing is, i really want to get myself more inspired in the kitchen. i told the kids, next time i make a pizza, one, it will not be made with gluten free crust (i am over that for now), two, it will not have pesto on it unless i make sure it is delicious ( how did i not taste that first??) , and three, i don't know. i might need mr. miyagi if i'm ever gonna get into a kitchen flow. channel that guy.
I'm going to send you some gluten-free crust that I dig. I too have times when I make food that TOTALLY sucks. I feel like a complete failure. One time in particular was when I had friends over for dinner. Dry, hard enchiladas is what I made for them. I don't think they want to be friends anymore! :)
ReplyDeleteDid you watch any more of the America videos?
That's funny about roses! I totally used to think, when I was younger, that roses were for old people. Why is that? Now, I appreciate them so much more. What a fun thing to go and see. I be it smelled beautiful in there!
xo Kyndale
hey kynnie......that made me laugh. i've done the same thing with gnocchi turned bad by forgetting the cheese. how did i forget that? they were the blandest little dough balls ever, and i served them at a DINNER PARTY???!!!!!! horror. ha. it still makes my heart race. just a reason to drink more wine i say now. and open some cans of soup and eat drink and be merry. that's what i want to challenge myself to do next time this happens, which i KNOW it will. and no, i didnot watch any more videos. which one should i watch?
ReplyDeleteoh you sweet lady, you.
ReplyDeleteyou guys are both cracking me up with your dinner catastrophes. i'm usually pretty well suited for the kitchen - coming from an italian family and all, but the girls still love to tell the tale of mama burning some taco shells and bursting into tears. clearly the shells weren't to blame for the outburst, but i was going through an emotional time then and it was just enough to set me off.
maybe your next package will have some delicious recipes... how fun!?
A long time ago, (20 years almost) I nearly set my kitchen on fire (in a rented apartment). I was broiling sausages. I went to take them out of the oven with a long fork, stabbed a melted oily blob, and ignited a fiery jet of liquid fat. I also once spilled a pot of hot soup on myself creating a red burn mark that looked like Elvis. Now these are the funny stories I tell over and over.
ReplyDeleteThe kids always love the simple meals!
Thanks for your nice comment about the books. I have a book review of some I've recently read on my site now.