Tuesday, February 9, 2010

doing the laundry the right way!

for my february small change from hipmountainmama's inspiration..... progress.

and a close up of david's newest patch below.....

this store is fun! when you're excited about trying not to use the dryer so much anyways. and when you just love fabric accessories of any kind. even the washing and caring for fabrics can be fun. especially if you like your clothes a lot. look at all the clothes drying rack choices. wow.

david hung the extra lines up for us in the bathroom. for winter you know? outside in nice weather is already all done up. so now, this inside deal is working out so far!! i didn't buy anything at that site, i was researching prices on clothes pins, and just having a little fun.

my friend reminded the other day that most people on the planet do not have dryers! i knew that, but it was nice to be reminded of how luxurious they are, and really how unnecessary. but surely convenient in those tight spots where you just have to get the clothes drying in the 30 seconds you have before you have to get out the door. i appreciate my dryer. but i am glad to not be over using it now. pat pat on the back. and i don't care at all if our bathroom looks like this some of the time. i actually like it. okay, now you know i need to be focusing on something else, cuz i am getting off on my new clothesline. yikes. and thanks d~man.




6 comments:

  1. We inherited a tumble drier from my mum and dad when we had our first child and I did sometimes use it for nappies a *little* too often. Now though I only use it for emergencies - such as when we've been sick and no washing has been done. It takes a long time in a cool house for washing to get dry on a rack!

    I love the shirts you made, by the way. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment. I loved the snow dancing. Last night I went to Zumba. Wild dancing for an hour. My favorite Zumba song is Cha Cha Heals by Rosabel. You can hear snipits of it on this link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cha-Heels-Rosabel/dp/B00023GFP4
    Just see if you can keep your bootie still.
    You are a trooper. I'm using my dryer until spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably what I need to do for February too...
    I thought it was funny to read that I was not the only person who has researched the price of clothespins;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding your question about the lunch, it was fine but not great. I'm waiting to really click with someone, to have that instant chemistry. That doesn't happen too often, only a couple times in my life. Is it weird to think I might click with some people on the internet better than with people I know in the real world? Is it that we find people on the internet who really get us and have similar dreams and feelings or is it that we really don't know internet people well enough so we don't get disappointed? This is a little heavy for a comment. Maybe I'll discuss it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucy, thanks for the shirt compliment! sounds like you're a mostly dryitontheline kind of gal. that's respectable!! i hope i stick with this.

    andrea... now i could dance to that for sure, especially if i had a few friends there to raise the vibe a little!! that sounds really fun. i have never heard of zumba. you do that a lot? and, i love what you are saying about chemistry, and how do you know if you have true chemistry through the way we communicate online. it's so easy to know in person though. and you're so right, it doesn't happen super often, at least not in my experience. i wonder about the online relationships. they are what they are. and if they feel good, then maybe they are, and that's all they're meant for. little intimacies. or big. and it doesn't feel too heavy to me for this space. i'm sorry that friend is probably not a soul friend. i used to pray through most of my twenties, and i think i prayed for 8ish years for a new good soul girl~friend to appear. it takes so long. but if we live many decades, and we get a new one or two every decade, that sounds pretty good. that's how i look at it. love to you...h

    ..., i know, how funny to look something that cheap up and research it. but it led me to a fun search on the racks! i want to see how you hang yours up in the winter. i am entertained easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! I have the biggest hugest mound of laundry right now! In fact it's more like a small mountain...not a mound! And thank you so much because you just reminded me that I have laundry in the washer from this morning and I need to go hang it up before it gets that cheesy gross smell. I got rid of our dryer to make room for a sewing table in my laundry room last summer. I'm glad I got rid of it....but I probably wouldn't have mountains of dirty laundry if I had kept my dryer. Oh well! I think you've inspired me to get on top of that laundry...tomorrow!
    I hope you're doing super! sending love,
    sara

    ReplyDelete