Tuesday, February 23, 2010

10 beautiful things i love......

(in response to camilla's post yesterday....thanks camilla. the more help i get, to keep me focused on the beauty and love right now, the better. for sure. for sure. thank you.)


1. questioning authority! we did not go past the sign. there's nothing to question really here, in this instance. we would never drive the car into our neighborhood park. geez! but i do love to question. clear the cobwebs off of all those 'rules'. they need to be challenged, and checked to be sure they are up to date with our latest and greatest wisdom.
2. the way sledding makes me laugh out loud. a lot. it doesn't matter if i'm watching or riding. it is so hilarious to me. i laugh these crazy hyena laughs. they just escape on their own. it's kind-of embarrassing. but i guess that's me. might as well accept i am part hyena.



2.5. boy. boyness. wild boy. wild sun. wild son.


3. this girl's freaking gumption. don't mess. she will take you down. to the ground. but lately, when she's been feeling rude and mean, and i ask her nicely to speak gently to me. she totally does. she re-says whatever it was that came out mean, in a kinder way. she is so awesome.

4. hanging things on tree limbs. how handy was that for my camera bag?



5. a new slant on things. please, new slants find me today and over the next few weeks. keep me fresh.

6. feeling cozy in the winter.



7. toys. new and old. toys toys toys. we are so blessed with toys. play play play.


8. animal behavior. i have been a wild unpredictable animal lately. and the fact that i'm human on top of it is making things very complicated. the fact that i want to be spoken to nicely, means i have to speak to others nicely too. i think. it seems like the right thing to model, anyways. but it's so complicated. to feel mean, and need to speak nicely. to have enough consciousness at my disposal to see clearly that noone is deserving to be treated rudely. yikes. and so, i guess that explains why the animal inside me keeps needing to sweat, and move, and get my heart rate up to 170 regularly. all us wild animals have to keep in shape to keep ourselves nimble and agile, and ready and fresh for each new day. and hopefully with a smile.




9. the new little crafty things i've made. pajamas here. mmmmm. so cute. having bias tape made and left over from previous projects is so convenient! don't ever let yourself run out of bias tape you love. that's my advice.




these lavender sachet bags made me so happy. a tiny little sewing project is sometimes exactly what i need to do late at night. okay here's some more advice......save all the finger knitting your children do. they come in extremely handy for projects like this. and who knows what else. zhi's finger knitting is what takes these bags to the magical level.


10. the teachers at our school. (and this new amanita mushroom pincushion i bought from gardenmama.) i am going to part with it, and give it as a present to our kids' kindergarten teacher. it is so darn cute and fresh i wish i wasn't feeling so generous and loving and giving and appreciative of the world's most amazing kindergarten teacher. but when you have her in your life, it's just impossible not to feel that way.

oh. now you, YOU, list ten things you love. it is fun. if you don't have a blog, list them on the comments here! come on!!!!!! entertain me.

8 comments:

  1. Putting images to your words make's it even more beautiful.

    Man, you have so much snow...we have only gone sledding 2 times this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh we have loads and loads of fingerknitting over here too! We actually have a drawer designated as the finder knitting drawer. It all lives in there.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. *i love*
    1.the sun streaming in through the windows.
    2. sledding down our hill.
    3. lavender sachets in the dryer.
    4. loose tea with honey.
    5. handsewing with felt.
    6. happy houseplants inside when it is snowy outside.
    7. art in my home from blog friends.
    8. blog friends!
    9. seeing icicles outside my window.
    10. i saved the best for last my family that i love!
    so fun heather, thank you for inviting this list! i love seeing my felt mushroom pincushion happy at your house and ready to be gifted to a sweet teacher! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I got tagged with this by a friend earlier today. I'll be doing my list next week...
    Love yours. I always smile when I am here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ten list. I love it. I like the way you write and the way you see.. your energy and all that you capture here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laugh out loud while sledding too (enough to make the other parents look, but I say, let them look:-).
    I'm working on my I love list... maybe I'll have one by tomorrow.
    Lovely pajamas, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little sewing projects. Yes, bias tape is so good too.
    I am going to post my list later this weekend, after I get lots of sewing done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest pajamas Heather! Love em! and I like the satchels you made with the finger knitted cords....we have a lot of finger knitted cords laying around....I should do something like that with them! You're super!
    sending love your way,
    sara

    ReplyDelete