Wednesday, March 7, 2012

shedder




the fun had this past weekend.




there was an impromptu feast with the dearest of friends on friday afternoon.  an early dinner at a dorky restaurant.  somehow it dawned on me afterward that it had the vibe of a feast.  the energy, the love, the children, 6 of them, the parents happily conversing with each other and the children in an unusual medley of harmony, not that typical feeling of constant interruption.  the shared margarita.  the early hour, so that when all was done, we got home and the kids to bed a fine early hour.  yay.




also, 
i made this ridiculous shirt.  i finished on saturday, just after the babysitter came.  i went over to the studio and hemmed it.  i like it and i am embarrassed by it.  but i've worn it three times now.  sometimes things are just flops.  this one rides the edge of flop so well, yet hangs onto the side of cute just enough that i can't decide.  i feel it is a shirt i will wear when i feel amazing.  when i feel i could wear anything and look cute cuz my energy is just that awesome.  and at those times, when i feel like a goddess incarnate, i may wear this shirt and give it some time to shine.  but if i'm feeling less than amazing,  i feel the shirt swallows me up and i look a little lost in it.  however.  both my girls really like it.  that might be all i need to know.  and my husband.  and another sewing friend  who i emailed a picture of it to, said she loves it and that i need to wear it out on the town....  ha!    however, in yesterday's out and aboutness, not one compliment on it.  hmmmm.  it's one of those, i~have~to~own~it pieces of clothing.  i was not owning it yesterday.  it's simplicity 1997.  i feel it coming in chambray too.

after finishing the silliness of that shirt, it was time to go.  dinner and a date with the husband,  ani and gregory.


photo

dinner before going to hear the singers sing.  mmmmm.  it was very good.
photo photo
there's ani down there.  all lit up.
little aniphoto
(that's us waiting for the show to start.  i didn't bring my knitting.  i was fidgety.  but it was instant mesmerization once gregory started his set.  all the way through to ani's last song.  on the edge of my seat in love with spectating that girl.)



on sunday morning, the p90xworkout was the thing to do for david.  and he dragged me on into the experience.  it was pretty funny and fun.  the kids were very entertained by the whole deal.   they were swimming in the little pool david has in the studio.  peering out watching the weird adults.  the first 10 minutes were a yoga warm up.  then it got into martial arts/boxing types of exercises.  that's what was amusing to the babes.  mom and dad fake fighting with the air in front of them.  i am sore still, 2 days later.  mostly from the yoga.  haven't been doing that so much.  i like being sore.  it feels good.  



here are some of olive's colorings from lately.  i love her style.
photo

she likes me to go through her coloring book and tell her which pictures are my favorite.

i chose these two yesterday.   not an easy choice.  i am noticing both my favorites have mushrooms.  hmmmmm.
photo









the thread, of my last handful of posts continues on.  i feel that i am doing some serious spring cleaning.  of the shadows in my closet.  i LOVE doing shadow work.  it is so freeing.  all those stories, all those words, all these thoughts.  all these memories.  clearing.  healing.  accepting.  growing.   i say i love doing shadow work, and what i love is what i feel like afterward.  like a few days, or weeks afterward.  not right after.  right after is hard.  the integration of the new me, takes a bit of time.  you know, of course it does.  there's some vulnerability at first.  shedding skin.  that is an event.   the new skin is like a baby at first.  gotta cover it in mud for protection for a few days.  today, though, i begin to feel relief.  renewed.  regenerated.  for people who go through these experiences with me, you are warriors.  i couldn't do it without you.  you stay focused on the heart of the matter while i thrash.  that is not easy to do.  i do this for my loved ones too, i know it is not easy sometimes.

ok.  i feel the urge to move on.





ssssssss.


i was listening to the radio this morning and learned of story corps.  had a good cry driving max to his reading lesson.  i mean a good one, from listening to one of the stories.  i hope to listen to more soon.  and maybe read the book too?

love.














10 comments:

  1. Odd... I just read that story corps book. There were some exchanges that really left me bawling. I try to listen to it every week. They play them Friday morning on my NPR station. So real. So intimate. Of course, it's 45 minutes between 2 people distilled down to 2 minutes. It's sort of the opposite of those "nanny" shows. A week in anyone's house would give you a few minutes of ranting, nutty parent video or crazy kid tantrum. Glad you had some fun on the weekend. Looks like an awesome date. Both of my kids are sleeping elsewhere Sat. night. I think it will be the first time my hubby and I are alone in the house in more than a year. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is cool that you just read the book. i was wondering if it is as powerful as listening to the stories. i couldn't imagine wanting to read them after hearing one of them on the radio. but now you are twisting my arm. what's a nanny video? we don't watch tv, except for what we can rent....i don't know so much from tv now.

      i am smiling thinking of your night coming up!!

      Delete
    2. don't bother to read it unless you have free time. The radio is more powerful with Story Corps.
      I don't know if the show is still on, but "nanny video" refers to a type of show with a nanny rescue where a British nanny would come and solve the problems in some dysfunctional seeming family in 1 week condensed to an hour show. In the first 20 mins or so, there was always awful video of kids freaking out, throwing food at the dinner table, hitting their parents, etc. The parents would scream, hit, cry, ignore etc. Next 20 mins: nanny would teach parents better parenting stratgies. Last 15: happy ending, things going so much better.
      I liked to watch the show when I felt like a bad parent figuring: "at least someone is worse than me"
      If you want to watch something good, and you like fashion, check out the documentary: Bill Cunningham, New York. It's about the fashion/society photographer for the New York Times. He's 80, very artistic, very principled. An odd bird.

      Delete
    3. ok. that's what i was guessing. and i get that wanting to know i'm not the worst one out there.....weird stuff. oh. my sister told me about that bill cunningham too. i will watch that. thanks andrea.

      Delete
  2. Hi Heather,

    I just wanted to say 'hi' and that I found your blog while wandering about in blogland, and am so glad I did. I am so struck by your openness, I too had a traumatic birth, and I never thought of counseling or groups or anything. Maybe that would have helped. I'm just trying not to dwell on it, and just be grateful that we're both still here. So hard though, so hard. I never talk about it either, I just don't think people would get it, plus I get too sad.
    Anyway, you take great pictures, and I love that shirt! Hope to visit you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there. i'm glad you found some solace and connection here. it is so hard. i'm sorry for your pain. thanks for your words. even simply writing, when there is noone who seems to understand my pain, seems to help. especially when i feel like there are angels reading, or listening to my heart and soul cry. ....and cool! thanks for loving the funny shirt. ha!

      Delete
  3. Heather, I would have totally complimented you on your blouse if I saw you out on the town. I would.

    I'm always working on my shadow work. I hope we all are working on it. I was just thinking about it this morning, it becoming spring soon. I need to get rid of some worldly clutter for sure.

    Why can't I get into Ani. I want to. I think I'm going to buy one her albums and listen to it all. I usually just listen to little bits on itunes.

    Happy weekend!
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are cute and funny and you make me laugh, and smile. worldly clutter. that's a neat term. it's like we are magnets, and the clutter just comes on in to our force field, and we have to work pretty hard to clear it off every now and then. weird. did you get a cd?

      Delete
  4. i think. i think. i think that that top is just delicious. My little miss puts so much effort and expertise and thought into her colouring-in. I adore her pictures and she is so uber proud of her work. Olive will remember that you chose those pictures I'm sure. Keep writing, it's good for you? And us too. I look into myself a bit more with some of your posts,and that is necessary, and it's good. I'm glad you got to see Ani, you've been talking about her for a while and it's only right you went to see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks teens. it is delicious in the right light. or in the right frame of mind. like yours! you're right, she will remember which ones i chose. so sweet. so freaking sweet these children are. i imagine yes i will keep writing. when the storms roll in, that's what i tend to do. lovelovelove.

      Delete