Tuesday, September 8, 2009

this book that i just got from the library inspired my thoughts this morning on vibration, and how sensitive we all are to the vibration we are immersed in, especially considering we are 90% water.




9/8/9

This sweet dress….was made while olive was growing in my belly. I sat down one day with some gumption and said I will challenge myself and make something with a zipper. It will be good for my brain, and hopefully good for the baby to feel me exercising my mental capacities like this. I was always extremely (hyper)aware of my experience and vibration when I was pregnant because I knew the baby was basically swimming in the same vibration with me. Like a little hostage. I felt so so responsible for making it a good ride for the babe in my belly. And because I am human, and so so imperfect, the ride was really not so fun all the time. But I tried really hard, and I was really aware and had high intentions, and kept coming back to them after straying and tripping on whatever bump I would inevitably stumble over. And since my 3 have all been born, and no longer (literally) swim in my vibration, I’ve realized that they do continue to swim in my vibrational field. I am still their container in a sense. I hold their space most of the time, and they DEFINITELY feel my state of being, and are definitely still little hostages to it. There is nothing more motivating to me in the world than knowing how much I influence the feel of the waters they swim in still. And there is no better exercise than this to give me endless opportunities to learn better how to forgive myself when I catch myself having a disgusting vibe. So! Back to where I started…..

The intention behind making this sweet little dress was to create a focused, intelligent, creative problem solving type vibration in my body so my baby could benefit from it and begin to feel that energy a bit on her journey into her earthly life. I hadn’t sewn a zipper in something without someone guiding me through every step, so this was a good challenge. It was a great little exercise, and this dress turned out pretty well. I have loved seeing my girls wear it for 2 years now! Thrifted linen. and a vintage metal zipper I found at an estate sale, in a box full of zippers a sewer had saved, many of them salvaged from old clothes, and carefully ripped out with a seam ripper. I hope to someday use them all up, to make good use of all the time and effort she put into saving them from the landfill.



first worn by zhi
and now olive wears it.



silly woman vibrations are definitely my kids preferred state for mama to be in. perfect remedy for teaching me to stay away from the depression. they are such beautiful teachers, and healers. i am so grateful to them for inspiring me everyday to be my best. thank you tiny loves. thank you.

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dress : ). So, what are your secrets of personal forgiveness? What does that look like? Perhaps another blog entry?
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely could be another blog entry. i've actually been thinking about something all day that could go along with this. along the lines of animal instinct.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I would absolutely LOVE to know how to sew. As a child and even early teenager I did sew. God, I miss it but I wouldn't know how to load a bobbin at this point. I've also heard and witnessed that knitting heals anxiety. I wish we could sew together and that I could learn to knit. Life is so tangled and everything's so undone. It would be a great healing to stitch it up here and there. I love reading you. Thanks again for inviting me. Case

    ReplyDelete
  4. casey!!!!

    i would LOVE to just hang out and sew or knit with you. you would be an amazing tailor man.

    i am just learning to knit, but have high hopes for my future as a knitter. just come on back and we can do these things together.

    ReplyDelete